RAJASTHAN BOARD SECONDARY EXAMINATION 2011 – SCIENCE PAPER 1
1.(i)The role of glycerine in the reaction is
(A) Positive catalyst
(B) Negative catalyst
(D) Bio-catalyst. 1/2
(ii)If in alkene series n = 3, then the simple name of alkene will be
(A) Ethylene (B) Propylene
(C) Butylene (D) Acetylene. 1/2
(iii) A man is standing 2 metre away from a plane mirror. The distance between the man and its image in metre will be
(A) 1 (B) 2
(C) 3 (D) 4. 1/2
(iv) If the length of a conducting wire is tripled and radius halved, then its specific resistance will be
(A) unchanged (B) 1·5 times
(C) three times (D) halved. 1/2
2. Which rubber is used for the manufacture of gaskets ? 1/2
3. Give any one difference between real image and apparent image. 1/2
4. Write any one difference between ammeter and voltmeter. 1/2
5. What is Raman effect ? 1/2
6. Define catalytic inhibitor and homogeneous catalyst.1/2+ 1/2= 1
7. Which of the following reactions is oxidation or reduction ?
(a) 2FeCl3→2FeCl2+ Cl2(b) SnCl2+ Cl2→SnCl4 1/2+ 1/2= 1
8. Write pH value of a normal NaOH. Write its any one characteristic.1/2+ 1/2= 1
9. What is the utility of ozone layer in atmosphere ? 1
10. Write any two precautions for use of a refrigerator. 1/2+ 1/2= 1
11.Define the following :1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
(a) Exothermic reaction
(b) Endothermic reaction
(c) Displacement reaction
12. How does concentration of reactants affect the rate of a reaction ?Explain by experiment.1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
13. Write any three characteristics of chemical equilibrium.1/2+1/2+1/2= 1 1/2
14. Drawing labelled diagram of a dry cell, give its two chemical reactions.1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
15.Resistance wire of 6 ohm is divided into three equal parts. Two parts are connected in parallel and third part is connected in series. Calculate equivalent resistance of the combination. 1 1/2
16. Explain the working of an electric crane. Draw its diagram. 1 +1/2= 1 1/2
17. Secondary coil of an ideal transformer has 200 turns and 2 ampere current is flowing in it. Output power is one kilo-watt. Calculate the number of turns in the primary coil for 100 volt potential. 1 1/2
18. In which combination are the electric appliances connected in houses ? Write two advantages of this arrangement.1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
19. (a) Convert one kilo-watt-hour ( kWh ) energy in joule unit.
(b) Calculate the resistance and current flowing in the filament of 110 watt bulb connected to 220 volt. 1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
20. Write the name of the scientist :
(a) known as “Father of plastic surgery”.
(b) who gave the approximate value of π ( Pi ) 3·1416.
(c) who established ‘Indian Space Research Organisation’ ( ISRO). 1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
21. (a) What are insecticides ?
(b) Explain two insecticides – stomach poison and fumigants.
(c) Draw the structure of graphite. 1 + 2 + 1 = 4
22. What is E-Commerce ? Explain its series. 1 + 3 = 4
23. (a) Write chemical formulae of copper pyrite and copper glance.
(b) Describe the method of manufacturing cement.
(c) Draw the labelled diagram of the apparatus used for
concentration of ores by gravitational separation process.
1 + 2 + 1 = 4
(a) Write the chemical formulae of limonite and iron pyrite.
(b) Describe the method for manufacture of Plaster of Paris.
(c) Draw the labelled diagram of Bessemer converter. 1+ 2 + 1 = 4
24. (a) Write the formula of lens in terms of object and image distances from the optical centre.
(b) Explain the construction and working of astronomical refracting
telescope. Draw ray diagram. 1 + 2 + 1 = 4
(a) Write the relation between refractive index of a material of lens,
radius of curvature and focal length.
(b) Explain the construction and working of compound microscope
by drawing necessary ray diagram. 1+ 2 + 1 = 4