Rajasthan Board Senior Secondary Examination 2013 – Chemistry Paper
1. Which of the following are polar molecular solids ? Solid sulphur dioxide, solid ammonia, iodine crystals, graphite, carbon tetrachloride. ½ + ½
2. 5g of NaOH are dissolved in 500 ml water. Find the molarity of the solution. 1
3. Explain pseudo first order reaction by taking the example of hydrolysis of ethyl acetate. 1
4. Write the units of rate constants for zero order and first order reactions. ½ + ½
5. Write the names of any two impurities present in bauxite ore. ½ + ½
6. Write the chemical reactions related to Mond process for refining nickel metal. ½ + ½
7. Zn, Cd and Hg are not regarded as transition elements. Give reason. 1
8. What is the shape of chromate ion ? Draw its structure. ½ + ½
9. Ti&sup4; ion is colourless. Give reason. 1
10. Taking an example of an ambidentate ligand, explain why it is called as ambidentate ligand. ½ + ½
11. Give the oxidation number and coordination number of the central metal atom in the complex compound K [Fe(C O ) ] 3 2 4 3 . ½ + ½
12. An organic compound having molecular formula O C H3 6 , gives orange-red precipitate with 2, 4-dinitrophenyl hydrazine, but does not reduce Tollen’s reagent. Give IUPAC name and structural formula of the compound. ½ + ½
13. Write the chemical name and formula of Hinsberg’s reagent. 1
14. Explain insulator and semiconductor on the basis of conduction of electricity. 2
15. 0·2 L of aqueous solution of a protein contains 1·26 g of the protein. The osmotic pressure of such a solution at 300 K is found to be 3 2 57 10− ⋅ × bar. Calculate the molar mass of the protein. ( R = 0·083 L bar mol–1 K–1) 2
16. Write Nernst equation for Daniel cell at equilibrium condition and derive relationship between E °(cell) and equilibrium constant ( Kc ). 2
17. Give the structures of cis- ] [CoCl (en) 2 2 and facial- ] [Co(NH ) (NO ) 3 3 2 3 isomers. 2
18. What is half-life of a reaction ? Derive formula for finding out half-life from first order rate reaction. 2
19. Write the structural formulae of benzylic chloride and vinylic chloride. Also give the state of hybridisation of the carbon atoms in these two compounds linked to chlorine atoms. 1 + 1
20. Write the equations for the following reactions : 1 + 1
(a) Wurtz reaction
(b) Wurtz-Fittig reaction.
21. Give the structural formulae and IUPAC names of the following
compounds : 4 × ½
Give the structural formulae and IUPAC names of the following
compounds : 4 × ½
(a) Malonic acid
(b) Succinic acid.
22. (a) How carboxylate ion get stabilised by resonance ? Explain by
(b) Carboxylic acids are more acidic than phenols. Explain. 1 + 1
23. (a) Write the Haworth structure of sucrose.
(b) Sucrose is a non-reducing sugar. Why ? 1 + 1
24. (a) Draw the labelled diagram of Daniell cell.
(b) Write the half-reactions of oxidation and reduction taking place on electrodes. 1 + 1
25. (a) Identify X and Y in the following reaction sequence and also write the names of the two reactions involved :
R-CONH2 X Y Br2 /NaOH CHCl3 / KOH(alc.)
(b) Alkanamine is more basic than ammonia. Give reasons. 2 + 1
26. (a) Why do diabetic persons require artificial sweetening agents ?
(b) Write name of a food preservative. How does it preserve food ?
(c) Give the name and formula of cationic detergents. 1 + 1 + 1
27. (a) Explain the addition polymer by an example.
(b) Write the equation of preparation of synthetic rubber.
(c) Give the names of monomers used for obtaining dacron.
(a) Explain the condensation polymer by an example.
(b) Give one example each of thermoplastic and thermosetting
(c) Give the names of monomers used for obtaining Buna-N. 1 + 1 + 1
28. (a) Write two differences between physical adsorption and chemical
(b) Define homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis. Give an
example of each.
(c) Draw labelled diagram of electro-dialysis.
(a) Write two differences between lyophilic and lyophobic colloids.
(b) Give the names of two enzymes present in yeast. Also write
equations of the enzyme catalysed reactions.
(c) Draw labelled diagram of Bredig’s Arc method. 1 + 2 + 1
29. (a) Write the name and electronic configuration of the third element
from the top in group 15.
(b) Draw the structure of ammonia molecule.
(c) Why does 3
NH act as a Lewis base ?
(d) Give equations for the reactions of dilute and concentrated 3 HNO with Zn.
(a) Write the name and electronic configuration of metal element of group 15.
(b) Explain the reason of bleaching action of chlorine gas.
(c) Write equations of brown ring test.
(d) Draw the structure of 5 PCl molecule. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1
30. (a) Write the IUPAC name and structural formula of secondaryButyl alcohol.
(b) Give equations for preparation of phenol from the following
(c) Write the resonance structures of phenol.
(a) Write the IUPAC name and structural formula of methyl n-propyl ether.
(b) Give equations for preparation of ether by the following reactions :
(i) dehydration of alcohols
(ii) Williamson synthesis.
(c) Write the resonance structures of alkoxy benzene. 1 + 2 + 1
One thought on “Rajasthan Board Senior Secondary Examination 2013 – Chemistry Paper”
Comments are closed.