Rajasthan Board Secondary Examination 2010 – Social Science
1(i)On 26th January, 2001 India’s earthquake affected state was
(A) Jammu & Kashmir (B) Assam
(C) Karnataka (D) Gujarat. ½
(ii)Who conducts the proceedings of the Rajya Sabha ? ½
(A) The President (B) The Vice-President
(C) The Prime Minister (D) The Foreign Minister.
(iii)At the time of any calamity in your region you will call for police help on the telephone number, ½
(A)101 (B) 139
(C) 100 (D) 108.
(iv)By which name is District level Criminal Court called ? ½
(A) Subordinate Court (B) Session Court
(C) Appellate Court (D) District Court.
Note : Answer Q. Nos. 2 to 5 in about 10 words each.
2. Under which Section of the Constitution there is a provision of a Governor in every state ? ½
3. In which circumstances and by whom is the decisive vote cast in the assembly ?¼+¼=½
4. Name the new states which were constituted from Madhya Pradesh and Bihar states in 2000.¼+¼=½
5. From which fund are the salary and allowances of Governor drawn? ½
6. By whom is the Council of Ministers constituted ? Write the category of Cabinet Council. ¼+¾=1
7. By which names are the cyclone in the Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, Australia and India called ? 4x¼ =1
8. What do you mean by Quorum ? 1
9. Mention the facilities provided to the members of the Assembly. 1
10. What is an ordinance ? 1
Note : Answer Q. Nos. 11 to 18 in about 50 to 80 words each.
11. Write names of the main sects of Jain Religion and explain the importance of Paryushan Parv.½ + 1=1½
12. Mention the major fresh water lakes of Rajasthan. What is the utility of these lakes in present times ? ½+1 =1½
13. Describe the contribution of Jaipur, Jodhpur, Bikaner & Nathdwara in the field of Handicraft. 1½
14. Comment on Panch Mahotsav. 1½
15. By whom is a Sarpanch elected ? Imagine you are elected as a Sarpanch. What will be your priorities of public facilities in your Panchayat area ? ¼+1¼=1½
16. You are a Traffic Inspector. On the occasion of Road Safety Week, explain the students of a school the reasons and safety measures about road accidents. ½+1 =1½
17. Comment on the Bhopal Gas leakage calamity. 1½
18. “Supreme Court is a protector of the Constitution of India.” Describe. 1½
19. Mark the following places on the map of Rajasthan :6x¼=1 ½
(iii) Kota (iv) Karauli
(v) Shriganganagar(vi) Pali
20. Mark the following places on the map of India :6x¼=1 ½
(i) Panaji (ii) Pondicherry
(iii) Kolkata (iv) Lucknow
(v) Bhopal (vi) Gandhinagar.
Note : Give the answer of Q. Nos. 21 to 24 in about 200 to 250 words each.
21. Name the Supreme Agency of Panchayat Raj System at district level. Elaborate the formation and functions of this Agency. ½+1+2 ½=4
22. Give an account of powers of the President of India. 4
23. Describe the Architecture of Sultanate and Moghul period. 4
Throw light on Architecture of Ancient India. 4
24. “Baba Ramdeo does not belong to any one community, but he is regarded as a Lok Deo by whole humanity.” Justify with arguments.
Give a detailed account on the contribution of Govind Guru towards
national and social awareness among the Tribals. 4