SECONDARY EXAMINATION, 2014
Max. Marks : 80
Section – A
1. Out of sodium, chlorine and silicon which one is metalloid? 1
2. What is the value of pH for a neutral solution? 1
3. Write the name of acid secreted from sting of ant. 1
4. Which type of fission is found in Plasmodium? 1
5. What is the main factor of sharply dropping the amount of ozone in the atmosphere? 1
6. Draw a labelled diagram of an electric generator. 1
7. What happens on connecting too many appliances at a time to a single socket ? 1
8. A charge of 300 C is drawn by a filament of an electric bulb for 5 minutes. Find the amount of electric current flowing through the circuit. 1
Section – B
9. (a) Give one example of redox reaction.
(b) Draw the labelled diagram of electrolytic decomposition of water. 1 + 1 = 2
10. Which type of energy sources are fossil fuels ? Write down any two names of fossil fuels. 1 + 1 = 2
11. Write any two events occurring during the process of photosynthesis. 1 + 1 = 2
12. What are homologous and analogous organs ? Write their examples.
13. What is vegetative propagation ? Write one advantage of vegetative propagation. 1 + 1 = 2
14. (i) Why does the sky appear dark to an astronaut ?
(ii) Which part of an eye adjusts the size of its pupil ? 1 + 1 = 2
Section – C
15. (a) Give the name of the gas evolved when sodium hydroxide reacts with zinc Write the equation also.
(b) Which is used in the following ?
(i) To make drinking water free from germs
(ii) For making tasty crispy Pakoras in kitchen
(iii) To remove permanent hardness of water
(iv) For making toys and decorative materials. 1 + 2 = 3
16. (a) What is displacement reaction ?
(b) Identify A in the following reactions :
(i) Zn + CuSO 4 → A + Cu
(ii) Na 2SO 4 + BaCl 2 → A + 2 NaCl. 1 + 2