Rajasthan Board Secondary Examination 2013 – Science Paper
Section – A
1. Write one difference between displacement and double displacement reaction. 1
2. Write the balanced equation of combustion of methane. 1
3. According to the assumption of Newlands, what is the total number of elements in nature ? 1
4. Write the name of reproductive method in Amoeba. 1
5. Mention the names of any two types of fossil fuels. 1
6. Draw a labelled diagram of an electric generator. 1
7. Why do magnetic field lines not intersect each other ? 1
8. A 12 Ω resistance is cut into three equal parts and then connected in triangular form. Determine the equivalent resistance between two ends of any side of the triangle. 1
Section – B
9. Write a short note on gangue and anode mud. 1 + 1 = 2
10.What are the characteristics of good sources of energy ? 2
11. Explain flow of energy in an ecosystem. 2
12. Explain the importance of fossils in organic evolution. 2
13. Draw linear diagram to obtain ratio of F 2 progeny as a result of crossing between tall pea plant ( dominant ) with short pea plant ( recessive ). 2
14. Why is hypermetropia caused ? How can it be corrected ? 1 + 1 = 2
Section – C
15. Identify X, Y and Z in the following equations :
i) Cu + CO 2 moisture → Green compound ( X )
ii) Ag + Y air → Black compound ( Ag 2 S )
iii) FeSO 4 heat → Fe 2 O 3 + SO 3 + Z. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
16. What happens when —
i) CuSO 4 ( aq ) + Fe ( s ) → ?
ii) Zn ( s ) + H 2 SO 4 ( l ) → ?
iii) Na ( s ) + O 2 ( g ) → ? 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
17. Compare Mendeleev and modern periodic tables
i) on the basis of groups
ii) on the basis of properties of elements
iii) on the basis of classification. 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
18. What is blood pressure ? Give any two differences between artery and vein. 1 + 2 = 3
19. What is regeneration ? Describe the process of regeneration in Planaria. 1 + 2 = 3
20. Write the name of the gland that secretes insulin hormone. What is the mechanism to control the quantity of insulin of the gland and how does it secrete ? 1 + 2 = 3
21. What is phototropism ? Show phototropism in plant with the help of a labelled diagram. 1 + 2 = 3
22. Draw circuit diagram of three resistances connected in series combination. Derive formula for equivalent resistance for this combination. 1 + 2 = 3
23. State Snell’s law for refraction of light. A concave mirror forms two times magnified and real image of an object placed at 15 cm from its pole. Determine the distance of image from mirror and focal length of the mirror. 1 + 2 = 3
24.A wire of a given material having length l and area of cross-section A has a resistance 8 Ω. Determine the resistance of another wire of same material having length 2l and area of cross-section A2 ? 3
Section – D
25. Match column A with B : 10 × 1/2 = 5
(i) Strong acid (a) Turmeric
(ii) Weak acid (b) NH 4 Cl
(iii) Antacid (c) Na 2 CO 3
(iv) Strong base (d) Methyl orange
(v) Weak base (e) CH 3 COOH
(vi) Neutral salt (f) H 2 SO 4
(vii) Acidic salt (g) NH 4 OH
(viii) Basic salt (h) Milk of magnesia
(ix) Natural indicator (i) NaOH
(x) Synthetic indicator (j) NaCl.
26. (a) What are the aims of watershed management ?
(b) Mention the problems caused by the construction of large dams. 2 + 3 = 5
27. What is magnetic field ? Draw magnetic field lines around a bar magnet. Write down four characteristics of magnetic field lines. State the rule for finding the direction of magnetic field associated with a current carrying conductor. 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 = 5
28. (i) Write the structural formula of Acetic acid.
(ii) Write the electron dot structure of ethane.
(iii) Explain odd atom by an example.
(iv) Select unsaturated hydrocarbon in C 2 H 6 , C 3 H 4 , C 3 H 8 and C 2 H 4 .
(v) Write a difference between soap and detergents. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
Explain the following with example :
(i) Saturated hydrocarbon
(ii) Denaturation of alcohol
(iii) Displacement reaction
(iv) Combustion of hydrocarbon
(v) Hydrogenation of unsaturated hydrocarbon. 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5
29. What do you understand by double circulation ? Explain transport and exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide with the help of schematic representation ( diagram ). 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
Draw labelled diagram of a nephron. Explain the process of urine formation. 2 + 3 = 5
30. Define prism angle and angle of deviation for a prism. Write the sequence of colours in the spectrum formed by the passage of white light through a prism. Explain the process of formation of rainbow. 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 5
Write the relation between object distance ( u ), image distance ( v ) and focal distance ( f ) of a spherical lens. What is magnification ? The refractive index of glass with respect to air is 32 and the refractive index of water with respect to air is 43. If the speed of light in air is 3 × 10 8 m/s, find the speed of light in (a) glass, (b) water.