Central Board Secondary Examination(CBSE) – Psychology Sample Paper
1. Match the TWO lists and choose the correct match from the given options:
|LIST A||LIST B|
|1.||One factor theory||A. Thurstone|
|2.||Two factor theory||B. Binet|
|3.||Structure of Intellect Model||C. Spearman|
|4.||Theory of Primary Mental Abilities||D. Guilford|
a. 1 – D, 2 – A, 3 – C, 4 – B,
b. 1 – C, 2 – D, 3 – B, 4 – A,
c. 1 – A, 2 – C, 3 – D, 4 – B,
d. 1 – B, 2 – C, 3 – A, 4 – D,
2. A person’s resolution of problems at any stage of development less than the adequate, demonstrates regression.
(a) True (b) False
3. A counselor is trying to understand the feelings of another person from his/her Perspective. Here the counselor is exhibiting:
(a) Sympathy (b) Empathy (c) Unconditional positive regard (d) Paraphrasing
4. The craze for thinness valued by models and actors is termed as ________.
(a) Anorexia nervosa (b) Bulimia.
5. The term used to describe the level of stress that is good for human beings is
(a) Strain (b) Eustress (c) distress (d) Arousal
6. ‘Changing our behavior can change how we think and feel’. Give an example.
7. Identify the correct sequence of the stages of group formation.
(a) Performing, norming, storming & forming.
(b) Forming, storming, norming & performing.
(c) Norming, storming, forming & performing.
(d) Storming, norming, performing & forming.
8. Name any ONE human influence on environment.
9. What do you suggest should be the age of the President of India? This is an example of _____________ type of interview question.
(a) Closed ended question
(b) Open ended question
(c) Mirror question
(d) Bipolar question
10. Ritu’s son works in a call centre. In spite of knowing his odd hours of returning, she continues to have prolonged, vague and intense fear, accompanied by hyper vigilance, showing a kind of anxiety. Identify the type of anxiety she is suffering from?
PART – B
11. Elucidate any TWO characteristics of emotionally intelligent individual.
12. Mention TWO tips to improve listening skills.
13. State any TWO techniques of self regulation.
14. How does counseling process get initiated? Mention the first two steps.
15. ‘Extreme cohesiveness within a group becomes harmful for its functioning’. Explain.
16. What are the effects of noise on human behaviour?
PART – C
17. Critically evaluate the method of behavioural rating for assessing personality.
18 A person shows break-up in relationships, increased body weight, poor performance in school and at work. State the factors predisposing this disorder.
19 Give the meaning of attribution. Explain fundamental attribution error with the help of an example.
20. What is aggression? Describe any TWO causes.
Suggest any THREE strategies for poverty alleviation.
PART – D
21. ‘Projective techniques were developed to assess unconscious motives and feelings’. Elaborate the statement and explain TWO such techniques.
Compare the trait approaches given by Allport and Cattell to understand personality.
22. State the basic assumptions of behavior therapy. Highlight various stages of systematic desensitization.
23. What is prejudice? Write any THREE sources which lead to the development of prejudices.
24. What are the potential causes of inter group conflicts among two caste or community groups. Suggest some strategies to reduce such conflicts.
25. ‘Effective communication is possible with body language’ Comment.
26. Elucidate the differences in various areas of functioning at different levels of mental retardation.
27 Distinguish between psychometric and information processing approaches to intelligence. Elaborate any ONE theory representing information processing approach.
Differentiate between ‘technological intelligence’ and integral intelligence.’ Elaborate the concept of intelligence in Indian tradition.
28. How can virtues of wisdom and knowledge be applied by students to enhance their well being? Illustrate with 2 examples.
Stress is an inevitable part of life. Suggest techniques to manage stress in life.