RAJASTHAN BOARD SECONDARY EXAMINATION 2010 – SCIENCE PAPER 1
1. (i)Molecular formula of Freon-113 is
(A) C2F2Cl4(B) C2FCl5
(C) C2F3Cl3(D) C2F4Cl2 ½
(ii)The facility of working on any computer in any part of the world during working at one computer, is given by
(A) E-mail (B) Telnet
(C) Protocol (D) World wide web. ½
(iii)Formula of Plaster of Paris is
(A) CaSO4. 2H2O (B) CaSO4. H2O
(C) CaSO4(D) CaSO4.½H2O ½
(iv)The first Indian satellite launch vehicle is
(A) SLV-3 (B) Aryabhatta
(C) Apple (D) Earth. 1/2
2. Write the names of any two atomic reactors founded in the expert leadership of Bhabha. 1/2
3. Name the constituent compound of the polymer orlon. 1/2
4. Write the full name of INSAT. 1/2
5. Why was Sir C. V. Raman honoured by a Nobel prize ? 1/2
6. Write the expression for equilibrium constant of the reaction
mA + nB → m1C + n1D
and show its relationship with rate constants. 1/2+ 1/2= 1
7. Write the general formulae of Alkane and Alkyne. 1/2+ 1/2= 1
8. What is the critical angle for glass ? Show the reflection of light rays by totally reflecting prism. 1/2+ 1/2= 1
9. What is geostationary satellite ? Name the Indian geostationary
satellite which is working in the field of education extension in India.1/2+ 1/2= 1
10. According to Charak, what is the cause of disease in body ? 1
11. What are weak and strong electrolytes ? Give example. 1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
12. Give three main characteristics of reversible reactions.1/2+ 1/2+ 12/= 1 1/2
13. How are red and black phosphorus obtained from white phosphorus ?Draw the structure of white phosphorus. 1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
14.Write the full names of C.N.G. and L.P.G. From safety point of view, which gas is more useful and why ?1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
15. Give the name of monomer of natural rubber. How is its efficiency increased ? Explain. 1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
16. What is electromagnetic induction ? Draw a neat and labelled diagram of A.C. generator. 1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
17. Write three oxide ores of iron. 1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
18. On which factors does the intensity of electromagnet depend ? Give the application of electromagnet. 1 + 1/2= 1 1/2
19. Give use of the following : 1/2+ 1/2+ 1/2= 1 1/2
(i) Sulphuric acid
(ii) Bleaching powder
(iii) Hydrogen peroxide.
20. What is E-banking ? What are its advantages ? 1/2+ 1 = 1 1/2
21. (i) Multimeter is a useful device. Why ?
(ii) Explain the working of refrigerator and give three precautions
during its use.
(iii) There are three rooms in a house. Each room has a 100 watt
bulb and a 40 watt tubelight. Everyday the bulb is used for one
hour and tubelight is used for 4 hours in each room. Calculate
total electric energy consumed in units in 30 days.
1 + 1 1/2+ 1 1/2= 4
22. (i) Write the difference between primary and secondary cells.
(ii) Draw neat and labelled diagram of lead accumulator cell.
(iii) On charging of lead accumulator cell give reactions at anode and
cathode. 1 1/2+ 1 + 1 1/2= 4
23. (i) What is a simple microscope ? Explain its working by drawing a ray diagram.
(ii) Drawing ray diagram explain the nature of image when the object
is put in front of concave lens.
(iii) Write the formula to determine the focal length of a lens. 1 1/2+ 1 1/2+ 1 = 4
(i) Drawing ray diagram state the nature of image when the object is
put in front of convex lens in between F and 2 F.
(ii) Explain Myopia and the lens used for its correction with the help
of ray diagram.
(iii) Write the expression for magnifying capacity of a compound
microscope. 1 1/2+ 1 1/2+ 1 = 4
24. (i) What are physical and chemical changes ? Give example.
(ii) On the basis of electronic concept explain oxidising agent and
(iii) Give one example of each of the following :
(a) Addition reaction
(b) Thermal decomposition
(c) Displacement reaction. 1 1/2+ 1 + 1 1/2 = 4
(i) What are slow and fast chemical reactions ? Give example.
(ii) On the basis of electronic concept explain oxidation and
(iii) Give examples of the following :
(a) Positive catalyst
(b) Negative catalyst
(c) Bio-catalyst. 1 1/2+ 1 + 1 1/2= 4